I was with my Baylor crew this summer and my friend Jennifer made yummy Carnitas and Grilled Mexican corn almost just like this. I LOVED it. Jennifer used the Cotija Mexican cheese and I thought that was the perfect touch. I found this recipe at www.Foodbuzz.com
What you need for Grilled Corn Mexican Style:
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) of grated Parmesan
- 4 ears of corn, husks and silk removed, cut each in half
- 1 tablespoon of butter, room temperature
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder (I like to use Chipotle)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
What to do:
1. Heat your grill to high. Place the cheese on a plate or in a shallow bowl and set aside.
2. Brush the corn with butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill it, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, usually for about 10 to 12 minutes. Take it off the grill and let the corn cool 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Brush the corn with mayonnaise, and roll in the cheese to coat. Sprinkle with chili powder.
Serve Grilled Corn Mexican Style with lime wedges and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Summer will not escape me yet! :)