My mom knows I love coconut so she recently sent me this recipe from a friend of hers. It is quick and easy and perfect for a coconut lover like myself. I am not a huge fan of canned frosting. The bars still taste yummy but next time I would probably make a quick chocolate frosting.
1 family size (9 x 13) pan of brownies
5 1/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 can chocolate frosting
1. Prepare brownies according to directions, allow to cool completely
2. In a mixing bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar.
Mix with mixer until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
4. Place can of prepared frosting in microwave for 10 seconds or until pourable. ( please be
sure to remove foil liner & lid)
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool to set up.