As I mentioned, Chelsy uses ingredients that I have heard of but never purchased. I have always wanted to cook with Agave Nectar so I thought her Almond Coconut Delight Cookies looked wonderful... as I love coconut. I had also never cooked with almond flour or grapeseed oil. This was an adventure! Also, I am used to cookie recipes making like 3 dozen cookies but this recipe made only 14 cookies....which is great as we usually eat TOO many. All went well! I thought the cookies were very yummy - reminded me of a macaroon. They weren't as sweet as most cookies I make but still very good. I did use sweetened coconut. I thought my girls would turn up their noses as they are used to cookies with butter, eggs, etc. I was pleasantly surprised - I got good reviews.
Again, please visit Chelsy and her fun blog. I know you will enjoy it. Mangia!
Almond Coconut Delight Cookies
Makes about 14 cookies
1/4 c. grapeseed oil
1/4 c. agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. almond flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. shredded coconut ( I used sweetened coconut... that I had on hand)
1/4 c. golden raisins ( I used Craisins that I had on hand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Using an electric mixer, combine oil, agave, and vanilla.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, walnuts, coconut, and golden raisins.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack and serve.